Friday, April 4, 2008

Inconsistent.

I am the most inconsistent person that I know...

One week I am doing great, loving the Lord and showing Him the same. Then the next week comes and I decide that I am too busy or too tired to open my Bible. Why do I do this to myself? I see what I need to do and then don't do it...sounds familiar.

"So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin."

This verse from Romans 7 is exactly how I feel right now. In my head, I know that I want to be with the Lord and follow His path every single day but...why do I struggle every day with simple things like reading His Word and talking to Him? That has to be the other law at work within.

I hope to start recognizing the evil within me and ridding myself of it. I know it is going to take a lot of effort and probably even some uncomfortable moments but I hate being so inconsistent. The Lord waits on me every day for me to show up and I continue to let Him down...even though I KNOW what I'm doing; I sit and actually know that I am choosing to give that part of my day up..the part that includes my Maker. I absolutely hate the human part of me and know that my next step in my journey is figuring out how to tighten my slave chains that are connected with Christ while trying to rid myself of the other chains that have been holding me back for too long.

Well...this is where I'm at.
Frustrated but eager to succeed...ready to step it up and show up every day.


2 comments:

Abby :) said...

I can relate 100%. I'm pretty inconsistent myself! And that's why we are best friends that can start helping each other out in this area. Love you Bec!

Julie said...

Oh yeah! I hear you. That's one of the worst things about being human....and having so many varied emotions is part of being a woman....or at least that's what I'm told. It's a constant struggle for me to remember that my emotions SEEM like reality...but they're not. Jesus is reality, the Bible is reality...the way I feel is always changing...but Christ is the solid rock on which we stand.

Thanks for being so honest.