Monday, August 18, 2008

The best I can be.

"If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare composed poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.'" ---Martin Luther King, Jr.
This quote is something I came across one day...and I absolutely love it. So..the story is that I went through an entire week of preseason thinking that I was going to continue playing in my forward position that I've been playing for the first three years of my college career. Then, Friday comes around..the day of our scrimmage and I find out that I'm starting in a completely new position. Needless to say, I was angry. I've had the experience and have held it for three years..and I felt like I wasn't being given much credit. Well, after talking to my dad and myself, I came up with this motto that Dr. Kind Jr. put so eloquently.
I decided that even though I may not be as confident where I'm at now, I'm going to be the best outside mid that my coach has ever had; well, at least the hardest working. I want my teammates and my coach to look and see that I did my job well.
Other than that...almost done with two-a-days :) Thank the good Lord. Can't wait for my last year to begin...I have a gut feeling that it's going to be incredible!

1 comment:

Abby :) said...

I'm so proud of you and your conscious decision to have a good attitude. I know you're going to do great!