Wednesday, September 10, 2008

summit

Tonight was the last night of our spiritual emphasis week and was incredible. Sometimes all I can do is stand in awe of His goodness. At the very end of the night, they turned all of the lights out except for the lights on the cross and we sang, "Glorious One." There are really no words to describe what happened tonight besides that the Lord was there. His presence was so real...

I am once again amazed at life. Where I'm at, what I'm doing, where I'm going. I would never have put myself in this location that the Lord has me..but I wouldn't trade it. I love getting up every morning and have some of the BEST friends I could have ever asked for. I don't know what the future looks like and that is completely fine by me. There are new and exciting things happening that have me freaked out but constantly remind me of how my trust HAS to be found in Him. Life is good..and even when it isn't, He is.

There was one phrase tonight that the pastor talked about at our meeting. He said that not only does the Lord want to forgive us our sins, he wants us to find a life free of intentional sin. He said that the Lord is willing to shift our lives to the point that we are becoming more naturally like Him rather than sinful people. He brought up this idea of learning to love naturally. This is what I want my life to be about. I want to become so in love with Christ that my instinct is to love...I want my response to be, "Why wouldn't I love them?"

Well, my shift is almost over and my bed is calling my name...

No comments: