Tuesday, November 10, 2009

almost over.

I can't believe that it's almost time to leave. I remember so vividly the sunny day of May 15th when Abby and I loaded my car up and headed west.

It has been a few of the best months I have ever experienced. I am walking away from the past 6 months a completely new person - in such a good way. I have been challenged and stretched in ways that I'm sure I'll keep learning as I head down the mountain.

I have no idea what is next for me...but I can say that I am working hard at trusting Him with that knowledge. My applications and resume's are flying around the state of Colorado hoping that I don't have to say goodbye forever - but I know that He has a plan that is way better than all the plans I have concocted in my head.

The thought of possibly moving out here at the new year is one that excites me beyond belief. I have an incredible friend group and can't let myself think about saying goodbye and camp family that would be located in every city I visit. I am waiting to hear from an at-risk home for girls...hoping that my desire for the job and a new life out here is lining up with His desire as well. We'll see.

I have begun to realize that this past summer and fall were a risk for me. I knew at the beginning that the reason I wanted to choose this path rather then a full-time job at school was because Jesus was going to have to come through. Well, here I am. I am at the end of the road and awaiting his faithfulness...but the best part is that He has never let me down.

So, all that to say, Colorado and I have two more weeks together with hopes of many more - but if not, it's been one heck of a ride.


No comments: