Saturday, October 17, 2009

Love People.

I just want to love people.

I continued reading Forgotten God today and was once again overwhelmed by new realizations of the Holy Spirit.

I realized that I'm not sure how to pray anymore.

I'm so used to praying for my future and figuring out the "next big step" in my life and I realized that I have never really asked to be led day by day...baby step by baby step.

I seriously feel a HUGE burden lifted off of my shoulders. I'm seeing how I for so long lived life and wanted the Holy Spirit to fit into it..instead of letting Him be the one in charge. Again, it all comes back to my lack of understanding the power of the One inside. Why did I EVER think it was a good idea to live my life and then fit Him in?

Therefore, today I prayed the most simple prayer I have ever prayed about my future. "Lord, I just want to love on people. I want to empower people with a hope in You." I'm not sure what that is going to look like, but I am more excited than words can express to follow the Holy Spirit there.

Anyways, I'm excited for tomorrow. I'm excited for a day to begin learning to sense the Spirit's leading.

Ok...that's it. Just a few more random thoughts.


Oh yeah...I made a list of things I want to do today. On that list were many things but some were:

Grow a garden
Watch Breakfast at Tiffany's
Learn to surf
Get my own puppy - named Indy
Make a music video

So much more depth than that..but that's just a taste.

mmmmmmmmmmmk. goodnight.

2 comments:

Abby :) said...

Thank you for teaching things to me through your blogging...I really need to keep reading this book.

Oh and I want to do those things with you...well except the dog thing, if we're gonna live together at some point you may need to put that on hold. :)

ashli elaine hanna said...

beautiful insight. really hits the nail on the head of what I have learned this year. take it day by day and let the spirit lead you. when it becomes a reality to you, he really blows you out of the water...I am sure you know exactly what I mean. love you Bec. can't wait to see you!