Wednesday, October 14, 2009

His will.


My world was rocked today.

"I think a lot of us need to forget about God's will for my life. God cares more about our response to His Spirit's leading today, in this moment, than about what we intend to do next year. In fact, the decisions we make next year will be profoundly affected by the degree to which we submit to the Spirit right now, in today's decisions." pg. 120

I'm reading Forgotten God by Francis Chan and this chapter that I started today seriously made me stop and realize what he has been trying to say throughout the whole book so far. The KING OF KINGS lives inside of me. This thought is too big to really comprehend but I feel like I'm starting to at least realize the magnitude of this truth.

I have been praying lately for the "big picture." I have been praying for God's will for my life and for more clarity on what I am supposed to do next and for other major decisions I am being faced with. "There are very few people in the Scriptures who received their life plan from God in advance..." This is another part of the chapter that knocked me into place. I think I have been neglecting the Spirit's leading in my life BECAUSE I have been waiting expectation for a picture of my future.
I think have been neglecting the Spirit's leading in my life BECAUSE I have been waiting in expectation for a picture of my future.

Today marked the day where I stopped praying for God's will to be revealed down the road and changed it to a prayer for leading in that day. I do
n't know if I'll have a tomorrow so why pray that way? I have been completely ignorant to the fact that I have missed tapping into the power that is within..

I can't even begin to explain the challenges that this book has been presenting me about my understanding of the Holy Spirit. I'm not sure if this rambling made any sense because I'm still trying to make sense of it in my own mind. Either way, I am excited about this new adventure in my faith that I'm on with and in the Spirit.

I think He's been waiting to take me on the journey I've been looking for.


1 comment:

Abby :) said...

I love it and it makes total sense. I can't wait until I get to that chapter because I think it's something I need to hear!